Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Reading Notes: Persian Tales Part B

The main female character from the first tale seems a bit sneaky. Maybe she has other intentions or a secret she is hiding. The ultimatums were intense. The Hemp-Smoker's Dream did not have much focus on the character's personalities. The father seemed protective in the story of the Wolf-Bride, but I was surprised to find out who the wolf was, which is sad on my part considering the name. Bowl-on-the-Back was a sneaky, clever character and the fox was sort of naive. The Merchant and the Saffron had a great ending and the characters helped each other reach their goals. The Shah Abbas character had good intentions, but he caused a horrible event to happen to the mom. However, he did make up for this and showed grief for what he did. I think I want to include a character like him in my story. The final story about the Baker and fish was my favorite. The fish helped the Baker, who fed them many times, and the bad guy got what he deserved. I saw these fish as very friendly, caring characters while reading this story.

Image Information: This is How I Imagine the Fish from the Final Story to Look, Web Source: Pixabay
Bibliography: Persian Tales by David and Emily Lorimer. Web Source

No comments:

Post a Comment