Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Reading Notes: Ovid's Metamorphoses, Part B

I really enjoyed the wording of the final sentence in the introduction section. The author used excellent word play to keep the reader engaged. I like the way the characters are introduced in a short, in-depth way. My favorite paragraph in the first reading is when Echo sees Narcissus and realizes she has feelings for him. The ending to this tale was amazing. The story is broken into Echo's story and Narcissus's story. It is interesting to see both sides of what is happening. Narcissus's love for himself is really emphasized in the second part of the story. The beautiful metaphors used throughout the reading gives the story personality. Mars and Venus was my favorite story, and probably the one I will base my own story on for this week. Trapping two adulterers makes for a comical revenge.

Bibliography: Tony Kline. Ovid's Metamorphoses.
Image Information: A Colorful Butterfly after Metamorphoses. Web Source: Pxhere

No comments:

Post a Comment