Saturday, September 29, 2018

Reading Notes: Alice's Looking-Glass Part A

I was surprised when Alice asked if Kitty would want to live in the Looking-glass House because I thought this would just be a metaphor for a part of the story. The White Queen having a daughter is news to me, this could really affect the way her character is seen. The Looking-glass book was clever and I like that there is a reoccurring theme to this: the house, room and book. Tweedledum and Tweedledee are two of my favorite characters because they mean no harm and they can usually put a smile on the reader's face. The Walrus and Carpenter story was different in Alice's Looking-Glass than it was in the movie. I thought it was interesting when Humpty Dumpty became upset about being called an egg. I wonder why Lewis Carroll chose to include Humpty Dumpty in this story because I think he stands out from the other characters. He was very rude to Alice and if I included him in my project I could talk about why he was in such a bad mood when she arrived. Having Humpty Dumpty explain the Jabberwocky poem was a really great plot twist. I'm surprised Alice does not get offended when Humpty Dumpty says he won't remember her if they meet again. The poems are filled with fun word usage and I hope I can recreate that in my semester project.


Image Information: Tweedledee, Tweedledum and Alice from Alice in the Looking-Glass and What She Found There, Web Source: Wikipedia
Bibliography: Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis Carroll, Web Source: Alice's Looking-Glass

No comments:

Post a Comment