Saturday, September 1, 2018

Feedback Thoughts

I really liked Nawaz's point about looking for positive feedback. I have never thought to ask what someone liked if they were giving mostly or all negative feedback. She made the statement people are quick to change something about their presentation or speech if their viewer says it was bad, but we do not really appreciate the positives. If there was something the listener/watcher enjoyed, then you should work on emphasizing that next time. Guy Winch said that the reason we feel so hurt when we are rejected is evolutionary and his explanation was very interesting! The other suggestion I really agreed with was that you should not take rejection personal or look for something that you did wrong. I danced in high school and my first year of college and I received loads of feedback through that experience. I always listened to my coaches criticism very comfortably because I knew that they just wanted the team to perform the best we were capable of. Hearing feedback from teammates was not always easy though. I would sometimes get embarrassed if a teammate 'called me out' because I felt like I made a mistake and everyone noticed. I've grown since then and now I take feedback as a way of someone trying to help me improve instead of someone just trying to tell me what I did wrong.

Web Sources: Why Rejection Hurts So Much and What to Do About It
Silence the Critical Voices in Your Head
Image Information: Photos of the Different Forms of Social Media and Thought Bubbles Representing Feedback, Web Source: Max Pixel



No comments:

Post a Comment