Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Reading Notes: Cupid and Psyche Part: B

I really liked the description in the introduction of part B when the author is describing the sea gull and the ocean. Venus's anger was a great way to start the second part of the story. I can tell this part of the tale will show Cupid's side to things. I was surprised when Ceres did not help Psyche hide. Psyche attempts to find an ally with multiple new characters which keeps the reader wondering if she will ever get help. Venus seemed very protagonist towards Psyche, but Cupid was such a nice, caring person. It is hard to believe that Psyche is his mother. Psyche did not set a goal to accomplish any of the tasks, and only succeeded with help of others. The wedding scene was a beautiful ending because of the other wedding parts of the story. I am glad I was able to hear more about the robbers and the girl, but I am curious as to what happened to Lucius and if the wedding went on without a hitch.

Bibliography: Cupid and Psyche from The Golden Ass by Apuleius. Web Source
Image Information: Cupid Finds Psyche Sleeping, Web Source: Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment