Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Story Lab, Week 12

I have always been interested in learning at least two more languages. I think this is an important skill for traveling, which I plan on doing a lot of once I get established in my career. Using grammar and syntax to see where languages originated and split instead of words that sound similar is an interesting approach. I thought the concept of borrowing words from other cultures being caused by borrowing the things that the word is describing was very intriguing. I think looking at the history of a word and how it has changed overtime can really surprise you.

I use to be pretty good at grammar in high school English, but I think I have forgotten some of the rules. Semicolons can break sentences up, but also form connections. Basically, semicolons should be used to connect two related clauses or when listing things. I think watching the Ted-Ed video will be helpful while writing out stories now, especially during lengthy paragraphs!




Image Information: The Importance of Grammar, Web Source: Flickr
Web Source: Ted Talk

No comments:

Post a Comment