Saturday, November 17, 2018

Reading Notes: Dante's Inferno, Part A

I remember seeing Dante's Inferno at the beginning of the semester and knowing I had to read that unit eventually. The author did a great job or reeling the reader in through the final sentence in the introductory paragraph. I was surprised to see that their would be a guide through hell, but I think this will make the story very interesting.

The words listed above the gate of hell, shown in the first paragraph, gave me chills. The description of the bugs around the first group of people found was so vivid.

'With eyes of burning coal' is such a strong description. I have heard of limbo before, but the place described in this circle was a bit different. 'A meadow of fresh turf' brings a green field into my head.

I was a bit confused by the second circle. I felt like the third circle could have included more details. I can see the relationship between Dante and his guide growing stronger as the story progresses. Reading about people being stuck under mud unable to breath was really sad.

The images included for Canto 9 did not match the people I was seeing in my head while reading through the unit. Dante's Inferno is a lot different than I imagined so far. I am curious to see what the rest of the tour entails.

Image Information: Dante's Inferno film poster, Web Source: Wikipedia
Bibliography: Dante's Divine Comedy by Tony Kline, Web Source: Dante's Inferno Unit

No comments:

Post a Comment