Sunday, November 4, 2018

Famous Last Words: Holiday Season

This last week was pretty stressful for me. I had a lot of homework and studying for each class I am enrolled in and I worked every night except for Monday. I did get promoted to Phlebotomist at my work, CSL Plasma. I am really excited to learn this new skill, but it is a bit scary! All of my coworkers have been supportive which is a big help.

I am sad Halloween is over, but looking forward to the holidays ahead! It also helps that my birthday is in December. Everyone always asked if having a birthday a week away from Christmas sucked and the answer is yes, yes it did. If I had a nickel for every time I heard 'this is your birthday and Christmas gift' I'd be rich. I am still excited for the next two months because it means I will get to spend time with family and friends, and who doesn't need a little break from classes to relax?

Classes are going pretty well, but my Ornithology class is really hitting hard with the work. We have a group paper to write and present in place of our project. We also have to learn 150 birds for our lab practical which is as hard as it sounds. I love learning about birds, but I still struggle to tell some species apart from others. Later today I plan on writing my second story for my semester project in this class, and I am so excited to reveal another side of Wonderland.

I have had a lot going on with my family because my Grandma passed last week and we have been planning the memorial service. I am glad to celebrate her life and I know she would want me to keep my head above the water for the next few weeks and finish out the semester strong. 
Image Information: Sunflowers, Web Source: Pxhere

No comments:

Post a Comment